Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated was founded in 1914 on the principles of brotherhood, scholarship and service. Since 1952, Beta Psi Sigma Chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc., has served the Westchester and Bronx counties embodying these ideals in all its activities and programs. In the spirit of these values, Beta Psi Sigma Chapter is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to two eligible male high school seniors. One in each county of Westchester and the Bronx.
To be eligible for the Beta Psi Sigma Scholarship the applicant must:
1. Reside or attend high school in Westchester or Bronx counties.
2. Submit a certified copy of the most recent transcript demonstrating a cumulative 3.0 or higher GPA (or the equivalent on a 4.0 scale).
3. Show proof of acceptance as a full-time undergraduate student in an accredited college or university.
4. Have volunteered with a community-based organization or school group on a project benefiting an under-served community.
5. Submit written proof of service from a school or program administrator outlining the dates of participation.
6. Submit two letters of recommendation by an academic counselor, advisor, teacher, community leader, minister, or person in a capacity who has direct knowledge of applicant’s character, personality, leadership potential, capacity for growth, disciplined work habits, self-confidence, and/or but not limited to ability to take initiative. Letters of recommendation cannot be written by a parent or relative.
7. Include a head shot photo.
8. Email completed application along with all required items to BetaPsiSigma@yahoo.com with your name and “Scholarship Application” in the subject line.
Download and save the application with your full name as the file name.
For example: John Brown 2023 BPS Scholarship Application.pdf
Application Deadline is May 31, 2023